The Aspire Entertainment Team - 23-Oct-2013
5 Ways to Fight Stage Fright
- Don't be scared of making a mistake: Remember that the audience won't know when you make a mistake, so it is best to improvise or continue with the script!
- Breathing: We often forget to pay attention to our breathing in moments of stress or when we are overcome by nerves, a simple act of taking a long deep breath before your debut on stage will make a big difference.
- Friendly faces: Have a friendly face nearby, whether that's a parent, a friend or a fellow actor for support.
- The necessities: Sleep and water are absolutely vital before a performance. Both of these components combined will work to keep you in check of your nerves!
- There will be calm: Remind yourself that once you are on stage and start speaking, only a few moments will pass before you feel a natural calm descend.